November 28, 2011

The Ford Center

How exactly will the new stadium help those people downtown?
What jobs will they have?
How does the money trickle down to them? We used to have some Trickle Down in this country. The
Evansville, Ford Center, What Ugly Looks like!
  Politicians don't even give us that anymore.
        I went to the open day for the stadium it is nice inside, just ugly as all get out on the outside. It's a shame we had to cram it in that small space. At least it's hidden. Like every other Evansvillian I just do not understand why it is so far away from everything. I have driven by Roberts Stadium a hundred times in the last month, but not once have I been within eye site of the Ford center. Out of site, out of mind. I see it seats 10,000 people. I guess we are not expecting any growth in the future.
As long as we are not going to be pro active and don't do what needs to be done to get the jobs in here, I guess that was a good decision. I know I'm pulling for a "Right to Work" law. We need it desperately. The Unions are killing this state and especially Evansville. No business wants a union, and the problems they bring.
        I was disappointed that all we could get for the opening concert was Bob Seger. I love Bob Seger, but couldn't we get someone with a more updated music resume. What idiot was in charge of that? Minor league Hockey, (are we a hockey town? - you could of fooled me) and some local basketball. I had that sickening feeling that when they started talking about building it downtown that they knew, and were admitting that the gambling venture was a failure. That's the whole reason for it to be there, to bring customers to the gambling. We all seem to hope for the best, but then what does it do for us the citizens? We're left out as usual. And the people who live in the bad section of town known as "The Downtown Area". All they will get I'm afraid, is more traffic, and more crime. Just thinking about the Ford Center, I feel used.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind, but lets keep it clean folks!