December 16, 2011

Bike Riding in the Ghetto!

          Out enjoying a bike ride the day before yesterday, I rode through the section of Evansville between W. Riverside Dr. and the Downtown area, around the Culver school area. You can always tell when you are in the ghetto, because the men aren't at work. Men fully grown, the prime age to be working and supporting their families are hanging in the hood. This may be due to several reasons, could be the economy, they may already make a good living selling drugs, maybe their just lazy, perhaps they are already life time members of the welfare system, provided by the working people of America of course.
          It was amazing the comments I heard, "What you doing in my neighborhood white boy", "Nice chassis, bring that G. D. bicycle over here boy", "What's a Billy (meaning hillbilly or white person) doing in this neighborhood"?  "You better get the F*&^ outta here, White Bread". I ride an expensive bike, and I wasn't packing a weapon, so I didn't respond to any of the racist comments, and I surely didn't stop to become the victim of a gang beating, or a mugging and robbery. You'd think the recipients of the majority of my tax dollars would be more welcoming. Don't they know, we are now paying for their Health Care even.
          I didn't see any patrol cars while I was there, I was only riding around there for about 20 minutes or so, before I decided I should leave before I become a crime statistic. The police were probably somewhere writing tickets, to them people going 65 in a 55 you know they are the real danger to society. Evansville is a scary place these days, and Black racism and Black on white violence is a real threat as we see nightly on the news. Hopefully the new police chief will have a heavy hand in this neighborhood, and make it safe for actual tax payers to ride their bikes through without the racist threats and racist violence perpetrated against white people.
          Perhaps we can target the codes dept on this neighborhood and get a lot of these houses torn down. Something certainly needs to be done.

2 comments:

  1. Typical for that area. I haven't been in that part of town in years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm white and live by culver school hahaha.

    ReplyDelete

Speak your mind, but lets keep it clean folks!